Analysis of Proteins and Peptides
Due to its importance in scientific research and in the quality control of synthetic peptides and/or recombinant proteins, protein and peptide analysis in terms of structural analysis is one of the most relevant topics in biotechnlogy.
The Protein Mass Spectrometry Facility at Primm provides a variety of analytical services addressed to the structural characterization of peptides, proteins and glycoproteins.
These analytical services are grouped in the following categories:
- Protein/Peptide Sequencing Service
- Mass Spectrometry Service
- Proteomic Service
and are based on the integration of classical biochemical techniques, such as:
- Molecular Weight (MW) determination
- N-terminal protein sequencing
- Internal protein sequencing
- Protein identification by Mass Spec fingerprinting
- Complete peptide mapping by MS
- Sugar Analysis
All analytical services include
- Appropriate scientific consultance
- Interpretation of the results
- Storage of data for at least three (3) years
- Data conversion to publication quality forms
- A scientific report on the analytical data signed by the Service Director (upon request)
The customer will only be charged when positive analytical data will be provided (i.e. spectra or amino acid sequences).
In protein/peptide sequences only positively identified residues will be charged.
In cases of complex services not precisely fitting the standard list, the most suitable strategies to approach the problem will be identified and individual quotations will be provided according to the specific needs.
Special agreement can be stipulated for large numbers of samples.